Listening activities



I listened to songs from a band named Lamp and Flipper's Guitar. I listened to 8 songs from both of the bands and each was about 3 minutes long so they were about 24 minutes in total. My favorite song from the two bands are 6号室 (room number 6) from Lamp and 恋とおマシンガン (love and machine gun). Because the two bands are indie bands I could not find any translated lyrics and so I did not understand the song completely. However I was able to understand the first part of the 6号室 song and it made me very happy. I really love the style and melody of the two songs even if I don't understand the lyrics completely. Lamp is more mellow and relaxing while Flipper's Guitar is an energetic Bebop style song. Flippers guitar is an 80's alternative rock band that influenced by British 80's pop and jazz their song is very unique and some songs are sung in English as well as Japanese. On the other hand, Lamp is an indie band formed in the 2000, their style is influenced by 60's American music and bossa nova. I am so happy that I discovered these bands because I really enjoy their music but I can also practice my Japanese.

Comments

Popular Posts