Lisa Ono

My favourite Japanese artist is Lisa Ono. Although she is にほんじん, she was born in ぶらじるのさんぱうろ. She is a world renowned Bossa Nova singer and has performed with many famous singers like Antonio Carlos Jobim around the world. I really love her natural voice that goes really well with Bossa Nova while playing the guitar.

I was really lucky to have seen her play live in Java Jazz Festival 2015 in Jakarta. It was so magical and I can't believe I actually saw her! This is a picture I took of her and her band

My favourite song that she sang is Samba de Soho, which means Soho (the neighbourhood in New York)  Samba. It describes the writer reminiscing memories of falling in love in Gamboa (a city in Panama) while walking around Soho. Although she didn't write the song, I feel that she sang it better than anyone else.

She also sang an Indonesian traditional song in Bossa Nova style which I though was very cool! I admire the way she appreciates culture from around the world, and I think it makes her such an interesting and great artist.
This is a video of her singing the song! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Comments

  1. ハンドコさん

    こんにちは、TAのこばやしたくみ(Takumi Kobayashi)です。小野リサ(Lisa Ono)がすきなのですね!
    My father loves her singing. You have a good taste of music. I also like the the picture you put on the top of our blog. It's "富嶽三十六景" which is drawn by Hokusai Katsushika. He is a famous Ukiyoe artist in Japan. I like his art works. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ありがとうございます こばやしたくみさん。 I really like the wave print by Hokusai Katsushika, I even have a トートバッゴ with that print hahahaha

      Delete
  2. ハンドコさん、I've never heard of her but she sounds amazing! わたしは10ねんまえ(10 years ago)にサンパウロにいきました(went)。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is so cool that you went to Sao Paulo, what did you do there?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts