Motivation

Ever since I was a child, I grew up watching anime shows with my two brothers. The highlight of my days used to be when we ate dinner and watch Dragon Ball, Yu- Yu Hakusho, and those other animes afterwards. I continued this interest through my primary and middle school years and read comics like Doraemon, Detective Conan, and One Piece, also watched a lot of anime. It was always interesting and appealing to me, the way Japanese illustrations were made and the creative stories that they tell.

In my later teenage years, I fell out of the habit of anime and manga due to my busy school schedule. I lost interest in the Japanese culture for a while, then my friend introduced me to Studio Ghibli. Then I fell in love once more with the creativity and values of the Japanese people. I also participated on a homestay exchange programme in Japan called Hippo Family where I stayed in the home of a Japanese family in Matsumoto, and joined a snow camp in Nagano. It was then where I truly felt great interest and admiration towards the Japanese culture, lifestyle, and art. I experienced how people are so kind, punctual, and cheerful in Japan. I got the chance to eat the delicious food, and walk around the temples. After those two weeks that I spent in Japan ended, I immediately wanted to come back.

This leads to why I want to study the language now. I want to go back to Japan, interact with the people there, and hopefully get the opportunity to live there for a while in the future.





Comments

  1. Yu Yu Hakusho and One Piece?! Great taste! You have a really interesting background with Japan, so I look forward to studying with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I look forward to studying with you too ^.^

      Delete
  2. I recently watched Detective Conan, and it has turned into one of my favorite animes. The Japanese homestay experience sounds really cool, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing that you had the opportunity to travel to Japan! What was your favorite food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu.... I can't pick which one is my favorite food, everything was oishii!

      Delete
  4. I love the way you set up your blog! I also stopped watching anime in high school, but in the summer before my first year at Notre Dame, I began to watch shows like Hunter x Hunter nand Cowboy Bebop, and fell in love with the culture all over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hunter x Hunter is indeed so good! I watched this show about bread making called Yakitate Japan over the summer, and it was hillarious hahaha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts